This page is where your journey to a calm and confident birth experience begins!
I believe that EVERY pregnant woman should be empowered to approach childbirth feeling informed and confident, and not confused and fearful.
So let’s start building your confidence right now – book a course with me today.
I am one of the most established and experienced hypnobirthing practitioners in London and my aim is to ensure that you maximise YOUR chances of the best birth possible on the day.
Hypnobirthing teaches simple but effective self hypnosis, relaxation and breathing techniques for a better birth.
I strongly recommend The Wise Hippo course which extends over 10 hours either in a group or in private sessions.
If you cannot manage to join one of my Wise Hippo groups or schedule your own course, I also can work with you on your own at your home to plan a practice routine and grasp the basics of hypnobirthing techniques.
Hypnobirthing is not about aiming for a pain free birth. It’s about learning to accept what your body is doing during labour and relax with it. That cycle of relaxation is what makes so many Hypnobirthing births relatively pain-free.
- How to release fears and anxieties about giving birth, and how to overcome previous traumatic births
- HypnoBirthing lets you discover and experience the joy and magic of birth as it should be, not the way you see it in the movies!
- Most importantly, you’ll learn how to put yourself back in control of your birth.
- You will not be in a trance or a sleep. You will be totally relaxed, but fully in control. You’ll always be aware of what is happening to you, and around you but you will learn how to “go within” to your birthing body during labour.
- Hypnobirthing does not require any particular belief system, or prior experience. Some of our mums (and especially their partners!) have been sceptical at first – until they experience it for themselves.
Try it for yourself! Listen to me talk you through a gentle self-hypnosis exercise:
The benefits of hypnobirthing
- Massive reduction of need for any medication.
- Reduce your risk of perineal tearing or of needing an episiotomy
- Considerably shorter labour and birthing on average
- Significantly fewer surgical births and fewer instrumental deliveries
- Highly energised mums in good spirits following births that are calm and gentle
- Hypnobirthing babies are calmer
- Hypnobirthing babies have higher APGAR scores
- Hypnobirthing babies make a better start to breastfeeding
- Your partner is empowered and involved thus making the birth more emotionally satisfying for both of you
What you learn with Hypnobirthing
- Fabulous breathing and relaxation techniques that will help you for the rest of your life
- How to communicate with your birth professionals so that you can feel in control and informed
- How to create a positive mindset as you move closer to meeting your baby
- How to release any fears you might have about childbirth…regardless of where they come from.
- How to relax and stay calm and in control – regardless of what’s happening around you.
- A workable routine that you and your partner can put into practice to build up your confidence in the weeks before birth.
- How to use movement and positioning to optimise a straightforward birth.
- Your partner will learn simple massage techniques and how to use gentle prompts and support strategies.
See more about my courses: