I believe that EVERY pregnant woman should be empowered to approach childbirth feeling informed and confident, and not confused and fearful. But sometimes there just isn’t time to fit in a full four-session hypnobirthing course so I’ve devised Essential Hypnobirthing to focus on the fundamental physical skills used by women who have satisfying natural births.
The course takes place in your home, with just mum and partner present, over two two and a half hour sessions.
Essential Hypnobirthing aims:
- to give the pregnant mum practical skills for increasing her chances of a straightforward labour and birth
- Give birth supporters practical tips on supporting a labouring woman
- AND help reduce the need for pain relieving drugs.
Each session includes an extended deep relaxation/hypnosis session.
In the first 2.5 hours we discuss:
- Fear-tension pain and the theories behind using self-hypnosis in labour and birth
- Building a positive mental attitude
- Learning to relax more quickly, more deeply
- Using language effectively and changing your attitude to pain
- Protecting yourself against negative thinking
- How your partner can help
- Visualising your birth
- Experiencing positive birth stories through film and narratives
In the second session we focus on:
- Coping with labour stage by stage
- Breathing techniques
- Positions and movement
- How your partner can help with massage and support
- The birthing environment
- Planning your birth preferences
Essential Hypnobirthing at Home is a great, highly practical add-on for any expectant couple who:
- want to go a bit more deeply into the relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques they have heard about in another course: perhaps at their NCT antenatal class or during prenatal yoga sessions.
- already have a good all-round understanding of labour and birth, perhaps from NCT antenatal classes, Active Birth classes or hospital-based classes, and would like to understand more about using self-hypnosis.
- did a Hypnobirthing course before the birth of a previous baby and would like to brush up their knowledge with a subsequent baby.
- perhaps have done a Hypnobirthing course earlier during this pregnancy and feel a little uncertain about the techniques.
I very strongly recommend that the pregnant mother reads The Hypnobirthing Book by Katharine Graves before the course. It helps if her partner reads it too.
When you sign up for this course you can also order a Personal Hypnobirthing CD