Before I got bitten by the birth bug I was a journalist and author. I went straight from graduating with an “upper second” at Oxford University to work on a local newspaper. I soon became an education correspondent on a national broadsheet and was children’s books editor of The Times. I still write as much as I can find time for.
I am represented by A.M Heath & Co. Ltd, Authors’ Agents.
- The Christian Parent’s Toolkit published by Continuum Books
- 2003-2007: weekly Home Front column for the Catholic Herald A look at spirituality, faith and the family in the light of current affairs.
- Daring to be Different: Being a Faith Family in a Secular World published by Darton, Longman, Todd. Parenting for intelligent Christians
- You can read my latest columns and other journalism on my Sarah Johnson Online blog – click here to go straight there. The address is www.sarahccjohnson.blogspot.com
- For eight years I was children’s books editor for
The Times. I covered a huge range of children’s and teenage literature over that period and was one of the first reviewers to predict the success of J. K. Rowling’s Harry Potter books.
- Parents on Parenting published by Vermilion Books in 1994. A different kind of how-to-do-parenting book: no experts, just parents!
- I have written features, comment pieces and interviews for high profile national newspapers and magazines, usually – but not exclusively – on family/education/faith topics: The Times, The Telegraph, Sunday Telegraph, Daily Mail, Evening Standard.
- In the 1980s and 1990s I was an education correspondent at various times on the staffs of the Daily Telegraph, The Times and Sunday Telegraph.
- 1978-82 Margaret Hammill Scholar in Literae Humaniores (Classics and Philosophy) at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford.